[Fwd: Gold Country 30/50]

Karin Occhialini wrote:
> Just a reminder that the Gold Country 30/50 mile Endurance ride will be
> held on September 26th in Georgetown, Ca.   This ride is put on by the
> Gold Country Endurance Riders from Auburn, Ca.   We put on a fun ride
> yesterday consisting of  a 15/30 mile loop.

Provo and I did this fun ride on Saturday. It was the first organised
ride of any kind I've ever been to (and was a practise for the real
thing in September), and we had loads of fun.

(Actually, *Provo* had loads of fun (jigging all 13 miles), I'm
just now beginning to appreciate it, as I hobble about. <grin>)

Was that really a 15 mile loop, Karin? Or only 13? (tell me it
was a whole 15, please... just to make me feel better???)

But it was a great day - nice people, wonderful food afterwards,
good trail, good markers, good views, etc...

Thank you, Gold Country people for putting it on!

> ...and the campground is in a beautiful forest.  Permanent water
> troughs are in with plenty of water available at the camp.

This is certainly true. It was a fine place to camp with horses
(OK, so it's the first time I've *ever* camped with horses, but
it all went smoothly and was *easy*.)

Many thanks to Ann Blankenship for holding my hand all day.
As "mentors" go, she was great, even if she did laugh at me <g>

>   We take a lot of pride in the ride we host, and as before you and your
> horse will be pampered.  We provide bran mash, hay, carrots and apples
> for your equine partner and sodas, water and snacks for riders at the
> vet check at Rock Creek. Lunch will usually find the same thing,along
> with homemade chocolate chip cookies.  We have the cream of the crop in
> endurance vets, (all Tevis experienced)

We'll really look forward to it (actually, I won't look forward
to it at all, if feeling like I do after a pathetic 13 miles
is anything to go by. In order to complete 30, I'm just going
to die)... but you've got to start [suffer] somewhere, eh?
<grin>

--
Lucy Chaplin Trumbull - elsie@calweb.com
Repotted english person in Sacramento, CA

with Mouse and Provo