Re:Feed

     I have a 15.3 hand 8 year old Arab gelding who I started doing
     competitive trail riding and will be doing endurance riding with him
     next year.  He's pretty hard to keep weight on and a friend of mine
     told me to try switching him over to Vintage Sweet by Blue Seal which
     is higher in fat but lower in protein.  He is now on Blue Seal Trotter
     and Charger.  Does anybody have any suggestions on what I should feed
     him to put weight on him but also keep his energy level up?