[Fwd: Treating horses' colds]

---- Begin included message ----
Susie,

I have had very good results using a concentrated version of
Vitamin C,  short term.  In most cases, horses need very little
C, although I give mine a small amount in powder form daily
as a preventative.  C is also an excellent anti-oxident and helps
raise the horse's immune system to a more efficient level, as well,
C strengthens cappillary walls to increase circulation (which is why
it works well in conjunction with Yucca in treating arthritis).

For breathing problems, we have found regular use of DMG (Pangamic
Acid)  to be benificial.  DMG  raises the oxygen level in the
bloodstream,
and consequently. seems to help with the heaves as well as increasing
stamina in racing animals.  We have had the experience recently of
living
through the worst of the Florida wildfires, and although we evacuated
with
our horses, there was no way to avoid the smoke which filled the air for

weeks.  I received reports that horses given DMG during that time had
fewer breathing problems than expected and some horses with chronic
summertime breathing difficulties got through this time with much
greater
comfort.

I hope this helps.  Please E-mail me if you wish to discuss this
further.
Wishing you and your horse good health.

                                                            Linda  (AVP)

---- End included message ----