Re: easyboots

>Do you use "keepers" to keep the easyboots on?

The "keepers" don't keep them on, they just keep you from losing them
when they come off.  You might want to make sure you have a horse that
won't panic when something is hanging from their ankle.

> I cut down the heels on my horse's easyboots as recommended >by the
company because they were  causing rubs and now they >won't stay on
except at a walk, shoes or no shoes.

The heel of the boot has nothing to do with keeping them on.  It's the
strap inside.  Kaboot's feet are so round that he has to wear a size 2.
The heel sticks out at least an inch behind his hoof on the front feet,
but I've taken up the strap inside to make good connections.  Fortunately
he trots so wide in the rear that he looks like a kid with a dirty
diaper, so he never steps on the front even with them sticking out that
far.

To take up the inside strap, you unscrew those little brass screws
inside.  You may have to trim a little off the end of the strap to be
able to get to the second set of holes.

I don't use any easy foam, or vet wrap or anything else.  I've used
easyboots in 50 mile races, through mud holes, and everything else going
fast, and Kaboot has never thrown one off...ever. (I'm still paranoid
though).

I still shoe my horses.  But I no longer pad.  If pads are required, I'll
just put on boots.

Angie & Ka BOOT

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]