RE: Beet Pulp

Wendy,

My mare didn't like beet pulp at first either.  I soak the plain,
shredded beet pulp overnight or all day, depending on which feeding I am
preparing for.  Instead of attempting to give her a bunch at first, I
added a small amount to her grain (and mixed it in real good) and
gradually increased the amount until she was eating several pounds twice
a day.  I just mix the beet pulp (drain off the excess water) with her
oats/corn/barley grain mixture and call it "oatmeal".  Now she dislikes
plain grain without beet pulp!  It took about 2 weeks to gradually
introduce her to the new regime (she is quite the picky eater).  But she
has been on the "oatmeal" for 8 months and is really holding her weight
and looks absolutely terrific!

Good Luck!
Trish and Zsa Zsa