Beet Pulp

Hi All,

Help!
I decided to try beet pulp on my horses.  Actually Flikka could stand to
gain a few pounds and I do not want to up her grain and she will only eat so
much hay (I swear someone told her "thin was in") soooo, I bought some beet
pulp.

Well, I soaked the beet pulp and proudly presented it to Flikka, she nosed
through it and gave me a look like, "excuse me, but what is this and what do
you want me to do with it?"  I left it in her corral for a hour and she did
not touch it.  So, I thought I would see if my other horses would eat it.
My 16 year old gelding, who will eat anything not tied down, would not touch
it. The two year old gelding I have here would not touch it.  The only
equine who would eat it was the pony, although my dog thought it was tasty.

Now, I come to the point.  Did I do something wrong?  Is there a special way
to soak this stuff?  Or do I have the only horses in the West that hate beet
pulp?

Thanks for any advise,
Wendy Merendini