Re: respiratory infection

Our horse just went through a bout of this too.  Along with the antibiotic,
our trainer gave us this gosh awful recipe to mix up in his grain.  It will
help their natural immunities fight it and also aid in digestion.  Here is the
recipe:

2 large - (almost one gallon) of corn oil
2 lemons - peeled
1 Full garlic bulb - peel all cloves

Mix up in blender or food processor till lemon and garlic are ground up well.
(their will be bits of garlic no matter what you do)  Put in plastic gallon
jug and keep in fridge.
Add 1-2 cups (depending on how much grain you give) a day until used up.

It helped our boys cough right away and sure did shine and soften up his coat
but now I have to give him breath mints too so I can get close enough to kiss
him.  LOL

Lori and Keno (this stuff makes my grain taste funny but I am such a pig I
will eat it anyway)