respiratory infection

Our retired mare has a respiratory infection.  It is responding to the
antibiotics our vet has her on but she's had it for over a week.  I've
never had a horse have something like this before and I'm looking ofor
any advice on treating the symptons to make her feel better.  My vet said
I could give her Robitussin but she wont like the taste.  She has always
been hard to give oral stuff but she has decided that the tribessen (sp?)
is ok so I hate to give her something that will start her fighting again.
I have been giving her probiotics and she is eating.

Thanks for any advice.
Teresa  - vanhove@unavco.ucar.edu