Founder

Hi everyone!

I am taking a friend to look at a horse today that apparently foundered
last year.

The horse is l0 years old, and always perfectly healthy.  Last year he
apparently pigged out on lush green pastures (too much, too quick) and
foundered.  The owner is also a breeder/trainer and caught it
immediately and he had the best vet care, and it was take care of
quickly.  No bone rotation. She has been right up front about the
founder and says he has not had problems since.

Reason for selling ... too many new babies ... not enough time to ride
her own horse.  Too much time training ... not enough attention to him.
Wants a good home.

So, my question is, can an otherwise healthy horse founder once and turn
out okay.  What do we look for, besides having a vet check if she is
really interested in him.  Does it mean he will founder easily again
since he already did it once ....?

Your input would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks.

Annie K