[Fwd: Bandos' daughter in need of a home]

Hey, ridecamp;

Stacy Berger sent me the below post and url address for a really nice
1989 pure Polish mare that's by the same stallion as my mare Katy---I
simply cannot take on another horse at my place, but if anyone is
looking for a good endurance prospect cheap, this mare might be worth
looking at.  Of course, having the same sire doesn't mean the same
movement, but Katy has hands-down the biggest, floatiest, smoothest trot
I've ever ridden and the only reason she's not out doing more endurance
is because she was my husband's wedding present and he doesn't ride
distance---but before then she did 2 tough LDs (she was only four at the
time) carrying a Hwt rider and was awesome.  Anyway, the mare is pure
Polish and came from Magness Arabians.  The sire is *Zloty Potok, who
was European Race Champion in Europe in 1983, and is by *Bandos out of a
Czardasz daughter.  The dam is *Eureka, whom I saw once at Magness and
is spectacular (in the way we like, not just show-halter nice) and is by
Gwarny out of a Comet daughter.  Serious racing bloodlines on both
sides.  I'm not positive, but I might have seen this mare as a filly in
1989 when I bred my mare to Zloty Potok at Magness (Zloty only had five
or so foals on the ground that year, and only one was a bay), and the
price tag on her was NOT cheap.  Who knows why she's ended up at rescue,
but it wasn't through lack of potential.

I have'nt talked to them but Stacy says they want $700 for her, and they
may or may not be able to get papers on her---still, a cheap price for a
really nice mare.  You can see her at
http://members.aol.com/arabrescue/index.html  ---then click on "Eureca"
from the index on the left to see her picture.

If anyone is interested in this mare, but isn't in the area, I'd be
willing to go out and see her, take some pictures, keep her at my place
temporarily, help with some transport, or whatever.  If I could have one
more horse at my place without getting evicted, I'd snap her up in a
heartbeat, just based on how much I liked the sire, and how much I like
the mare I own by him.  She seems to be one that's too good to go to
slaughter but somehow "slipped through the cracks".

Susan G

---- Begin included message ----
Hi Susan -

Out of curiosity - there is a mare that was recently saved from the
slaughterhouse in southern California named Eureca.  Her sire is Zloty Potok
- a
Bandos's son.  I think that was your horses' sire(?)  You can see her
picture
at:  http://members.aol.com/arabrescue/index.html  That is the Arabian Horse

Rescue Network.  If you know someone who can give her a good home - her
price is
cheap, around $700 - you can give Roseann a call.  Her name/phone
number/email
address is on the web site.

I bought the gelding I inquired about - the Bando's son.

Stacy
---- End included message ----