too old?

My daughter started our gelding on 50s when he was 19!  At 20, he is still
going strong and done 900 miles!  She keeps saying she is going to retire him.....
I bought a gorgeous straight Russian mare, age 16, who, if not in foal,
will be my endurance mount this fall!
The trick is to go slow...always...my daughter has to contend to let her
brother win on the younger horse (age 15)....
Louise Burton
Firedance Farms Arabians
OK