Re: Anybody ever seen a broken leg?

Oops,  sorry to upset you Linda.  You are right,  immobilizing her would
have been safer for her.  As far as calling the vet right out,  couldn't do
that on account of my inexperience with horses.  Would have had to explain
why I rushed into a $200.00 vet bill when nothing was really wrong to my
already heavily medicated because of his PTSD VietNam Veteran
more-experienced-in-this-sort-of-thing husband,  who you all know by now as
just "Terry".  That's why I put it on Ridecamp,  because of my lack of
knowledge.

And Anne,  that's what I first thought when I saw her, is that it looked
like it was out of joint,  but I didn't see any protrusions except that
little bump above her hock.  She normally runs the pasture,  but doesn't
get any other exercise.  She is was out of shape as she is way underweight
but terribly rib sprung from her recent delivery of a colt.  I'm throwing
the feed to her twice a day,  more & more,  but her stomach just keeps
getting fatter & fatter.  Was thinking about longing her a little,  but
don't want to cause her to loose any weight.  What do you all think?  She's
on 16% pellets,  2 1/2 big coffee cans twice a day plus a protien
supplement and the colt is 4 months old.  She also gets free choice round
bales of coastal (green, but don't know nutrient content).
Thanks everyone for your help.