Bandos

I was working at Ventura Farms when David Murdoch imported Bandos, and I
had the pleasure of working in this horse's presence for several years
up until his death. I can only say that Bandos was the most exquisite
horse I have ever seen. He was different. Not studdy at all, in fact, he
was as leggy and refined as a 2-year old. He lived in the same wing of
the barn as Ventura Farm's Comet daughters (I think there were a total
of 17 still living at that time, and VF had 8 or so, I don't recall
exactly). Bandos was taken out for easy trail rides daily by his trainer
and handler, and he was bred naturally, as he wouldn't go for the dummy
horse, which is one of the reasons why there are not a LOT of Bandos
babies out there.