Re: Corn oil

Niccolai Murphy wrote:

> The reason I asked was if we take 20% by weight of feed then with say
> Hal you get 20% of 40 lbs a day = 8 lbs of corn oil a day.

Nope, take 20% of the concentrate portion, not the total ration.  I
think most nutritionists figure if you're just feeding hay, your horse
doesn't need fat, but if you did want to figure it that way, then figure
it as around 3-5% of the TOTAL weight being fed.  So if Hal is getting
40 lbs of hay, then 3-5% is 1.2 - 2 lbs, or 2.4 - 4 cups.

Susan G