Men and Top Ten

From: Gbeager
Email: Gbeager@aol

[[[[What I really want to know is WHY, out of the top four finishers, THREE
of them are MEN? I'm not into men bashing at all, don't get me wrong,
but men do occupy a small percentage of the riders but they always seem
to be un- proportionally represented in the top ten at a lot of rides. I
know that my husband has a very competitive attitude and after one
endurance ride he says he wants to go for the win. And I'm the one that
warns about overriding your horse, don't push too much etc....

Lauren]]]

I think you answered your own question. Even though there are fewer men riding, there are still probably more men *racing* than women. Say, for example, out of 100 riders, 20 are men. Now, if all 20 men are racing, compared to only 10 women, guess who's more likely to place in the top ten? I don't think men are placing better than women because they're physically superior, not doing housework, or whatever, I think more men than women are trying to win.