Shagya Arabian *Oman

In answer to some questions about Carolyn Tucker and *Oman with their Tevis
experience........she went 87 miles and very pleased with their
>distance.  She came into Francisco's check with some minor scratches on his
>fetlock she thinks from the granite rocks.  She and the vet thought he was
a bit off so they rested.  He was fine but Carolyn decided 13 more miles was
>not worth agravating a possible problem and so she stopped.  She knows that
>Oman would have done it to the finish and he was up and ready to go more,
>she said she learned sooooo much this trip and will focus on going again
>next year.  We are so proud of her for what she did do and she is not
>discouraged.  They both have a good attitude and says Oman is rested like
he never went one mile.  We talked for a hour this am as she described the
>trip, awsome......

>The biggest thing she said she learned is to trust another living breathing
>creature in the dark, just the two of you alone, when you cannot see where
>you are going and aren't sure where you are. The creature's senses and
>vision replace the human's need to control and the learning experience has
>strengthened her.  That is what this is about  too.  Becoming a team and
trusting each other...

Sometimes it's better to stop than to risk further damage to the horse...
even at the Tevis.

Toni and Shagya Arabian O'Biwon