Scratches

Hi all,
Mostly I lurk but I did actively do endurance for 10 years in the 80's.
( I did 50's)

Last summer my TW came down with a pretty good case of scratches which
started as an abrasion.  It was on a back pastern which was a whte sock.
I tried various remedys without success.  What finally worked was
saurkraut.
Take a plastic bread sack.  pack the saurkraut around the pastern, slip
the bag over all and tape the top with duct tape.  Wrap the whole thing
with vet wrap.  I put on a easy boot  over the hoof.  Secure this with
more duct tape.  Leave for three days.  When I took the whole business
off the area was all healed with healthy pink sin.  The hair grew back
shoirtly and the problem did not recur.

Happy Trails to you until we meet again.
Traildust (Anne Hanson)
Critters (Rambler, Miner and Squirt)