Wool Fleece Sources

From: Julie Culp
Email: CulpJ@state.mi.us

Two sources I can think of for wool fleece are Tandy (leather products, saddle kits, sheep skins, etc.) and your local sheep farm.  My saddle pad is the fleece of our ex-ram, Rambo.  He makes a better pad than he did a (sterile) ram!  When sheep are sent to slaughter the slaughterhouse can give you back the skin.  Salt it, then send it to Bucks Co. Fur Products in PA, and for a nominal fee they will tan it.