Re: change diagonals frequently

I also have to stand for the extra beat to change diagonals my horse has
such an
active back that I thump about if I try to sit. My dressage instructor tells
me that it is also a good test of your own self-balance, don't know what
she'd say about my thumping about when I sit to change.

My mare also has a favoured diagonal and will do all kinds of things to get
me off it - particularly spooking. However as she gets fitter and stronger
she does it less and less. Of course it could be too but I don't have this
problem with my other horse.

Sorry just want to to add my thoughts too.

Annette