Re: change diagonals frequently

Linda,
         In thinking about  which of the rider's legs is stronger and how that
might affect the horse's choice of diagonal.....it does seem tempting to think
that the horse would prefer the diagonal  on the side of the rider's strongest
leg. In the case of Flower and me, she strongly prefers that I post to her
right. My right leg is very weak. I had knee surgery a few years ago on my
right knee and this spring I injured it again. It is wrapped extremely tight,
not only when I ride, but throughout the day, every day. It hurts a lot.
Probably will require surgery again....Anyway, you might want to consider this
as you are ruminating on your "favored diagonal theory." I'm very interested
in what you come up with!
Happy Trails,
Beverly Schlegel
 Linda Flemer wrote:
>>I hadn't thought about the rider being uneven as something that affected the
trotting diagonals, but it sure sounds reasonable.  I'll have to think about
it & get somebody to watch me the next time I feel like I'm being
"encouraged" to choose the left diagonal!  My left leg is certainly stronger
than my right.  Angie,  do you have a stronger leg?  Would it be the left
side?  I may have a theory....