Wolverine 100

>>Does anyone know the results and times of the Wolverine 100?<<

Bob Walsh of Southern Maryland called me with this report this morning
upon his return from the Wolverine 100 in Northern Michigan. Valerie
Kanavy and Jedi won it in something under 10 hours. (Danielle and Fire N
Gold pulled at 75 miles.) Marilyn Horstmyer was 2nd and he thought
Melissa Crain and Charbiel got 3rd, followed by a Canadian and someone
named Becky riding a nice mare named Honey who was sired by Denise
Sheppard's nice CMK stallion Myntyfa (hey, it's fun reporting when you
don't have to have *all* the details!)
Bob and his wonderful Egyptian gelding, Houdini, finished 6th in 12:25
and Earle Baxter might have been after that. Of 26 starters on the 100,
19 finished. He said the course was very sandy with a lot of long uphill
climbs, but the weather was perfect: a high of about 82 and a breeze off
the lake. There were three hours of holds, including a one-hour vet
check at 50 miles. It didn't get dark until around 10 p.m., so Bob only
had to ride in the dark for about an hour.
That's about all I know...although Bob said he tried out a long-distance
trailering tip offered by Jeanne Waldron which helped his horse stay
"super-hydrated": he filled a bucket about three-quarters full of water,
then stuffed the rest with hay and hung it in the trailer so Houdini
could play with it all the way from Maryland to Michigan.
Bobbie and Fine Print -- "Do we *have* to wait until September for the
Rockbridge Hunt 50?"