Re: Burro Mtn Challenge Story (long)

I was also at the Burro Mtn Challenge but I only did the 30 mile ride --
absolutely the best marked trail I have ever been on and it didn't hurt to
have a ride volunteer at virtually every intersection pointing out the correct
trail to take!!!  We were definitely the most spoiled group of riders you have
seen in a long time.

My only problem came at the vet check when I discovered that my food, drinks,
horse food, electrolytes, etc. were not at the vet check -- they were in the
truck being used to haul horses back to camp that had pulled.   I met an
*extremely* nice man (sorry but I can't recall his name) -- after listening to
my sad story he fed my horse (including carrots) and offered anything I wanted
out of his cooler, plus gave me a chair to sit in!!  I was most impressed by
his generosity and I hope to be able to return the favor to another rider some
day.

I will definitely plan on going back to this ride.  Everyone was wonderful!!!

Susan