heart murmer

From: Lynda Fenneman
Email: cfly@concentric.net

I have a 15 year old Arab  gelding. We are doing 50 mile endurance rides. The ride vets seem to be concerned about his heart murmer, although he recovers well he definitely has a murmer.
 Although, my vet does not seem concerned, I would like to hear from others with this kind of problem
. I don't know what to expect and haven't been able to find a lot of useful information. I am careful about electrolytes and ride with a heart moniter.
 I don't know what kinds of distress signs that I should be looking for.
I would appreciate any useful information about this.
Thanks,