Re: Rain rot

Dear Rebbecca

You must be mortified at the response here. We should all lay off but any
horse even with the best management can end up with rain rot or as mine did
with Azoturia (tying up). At my yard I know everyone thinks he tied up
because of my bad management but he was not even in hard work when it
happend. He'd stopped working hard two months previously. He was on a very
simple all fibre diet and I have always excersised him regularly every day.

Rain Scald or rot is a funghal disease and like things like strangles or
ringworm can be picked up by even the best cared horses.

That's my 2 pennies worth. But I think I'm bored now of the rain rot debate
folks.

Annette