Captan for Rain rot

>  Captan is a mercury poison.

Sorry, but I cannot let this go by.  Captan DOES NOT contain
mercury.  There are few, if any, mercury-containing pesticides left
on the market.  Captan is a dicarboximide.  It is a Class I pesticide
- the strongest signal word used.  It is currently under review by
the EPA and it is likely this pesticide will be pulled.  Now do you
want to be putting something on your horse that the EPA (whether you
like them or not) is banning?

Linnea - a certified pesticide applicator in state of Colorado

Linnea G. Skoglund, Ph.D.
Dept. Bioagricultural Sciences and Pest Management
Colorado State University
Ft. Collins, CO 80523
phone: 970-491-6950
fax:   970-491-3862