Heel Bulb Bruise

Bo and I just returned from doing the Big Horn 100 and he has a bruise
about the size of a 1/2 dollar on his left front heel bulb . This ride was
at least 60 miles of rocks and I'm sure it was a rock bruise and not an
interference bruise . The bruise itself is almost black , he is just on
irragated pasture rest right now and is not off unless he hits that spot ,
should I be soaking it or just let it heal by itself ?I have checked the
archives and cannot find anything on this subject, I would sure appreciate
any input on it .
                                                 Drin & Bo [who finished
his first 100 ]
                                                  S.W. Mt.