RE: Rain Rot

 I don't think Captan is safe on a horse or any animal.  Captan is used
as a fungicide and seeds for planting are frequently coated in it.  Ever
see pink pea or soybean seeds?..it's Captan.  Captan is a mercury
poison.  I know if you eat it, it can kill you.  (One of the ag school
horror stories they always tell is of the poor farmer who was broke, so
his family ate treated seed corn and died.  Don't know if it's true or
not).  I'd imagine that since the skin is broken and inflamed, you're
likely to give your horse a mild case of mercury poisoning.  There's
much better remedies available and I'd follow Trish's advice.  Good
luck, it's tough stuff to get rid of.

Barb