Re: Electrolytes - Daily Use?

Linda,

Thank you "very much" for your response. I forgot to mention Classy has
free access to salt and mineral blocks but doesn't use them. The
Endura-Lyte label reads "for daily use - 1/2oz. to 1oz. per 800-1000
lbs." Classy weighs about 800lbs.

Took your advice and reflected on activity "prior to" his lathering up
so bad. We spent two consequtive weekends up in the Quachita National
Forest of Oklahoma testing saddles. Much slower going - lots of ups and
downs - but strenous none the less. Go figure? In addition to daily use
of the Endura-Lytes, what do you think about putting a mineral
supplement in his feed as well?

I will change our routine and routes as much as possible. Because of my
work and the extreme weather conditions, weekday riding is limited to
routes around here in "lovely" suburbia, ha! But we do trailer on the
weekends and go up to Lake Texoma (Platter Flats and Big Mineral) and on
occasion go to Decatur Grasslands (wish we had this one in our back
yard). In any case, I  feel "very" fortunate to have both within a day's
drive of my place, both accessible to horseback riding, and hope it
stays that way.

Thanks again,
Ruth and Classy