re: Vermont 100 runner

Susie wrote:
Then it happened...what I had been waiting for. In the distance I heard
the galloping of a horse.I looked over and saw this beautiful animal
glistening with sweat,
--- end of quote ---
I crewed my very first endurance ride last weekend at the VT 100.  Having the
runners there made it very special.  They would laugh when we directed them
toward turns they were missing, some putting out there arms and looking like
kids playing airplanes.  And they all seemed to enjoy sharing the trail with
the horses.  And for this pit crew, trailing them into the holds and watching
the effort that both kinds of athletes were making was awe inspiring.  I may
never ride 100 miles and I'll definitely never run it but I certainly have more
admiration now for the folks who do.  What a great bunch!!!

Carol in Vermont
carol.boardman@dartmouth.edu