Electrolytes - Daily Use?

Dear Ridecampers,

I use Endura-lyte on my horse/Classy before and after each ride. These
rides consist of approximately 10 miles - 2x week and 25 miles - 1x week
(note: in the summer, we ride late in the evening/weekdays and early in
the morning/weekends). He has done fine with this regimen for over a
year  -  until recently. Two weeks ago, during our 25 miler/early
morning weekend ride, Classy's sweat turned to lather instead of the
usual clear stuff and "since" then, he's not been so eager to go down
the trail like he normally does. And believe you me - this horse loves
to go!

As far as I know he is healthy - up on his shots and worming - no change
in grain (12% protein pellets) nor supplements (Biotin Plus) - and has
free access to pasture (note: as of three weeks ago, been supplementing
with bermuda hay reserved for this winter due to lack of grass).

I need your input (pros or cons) on using these electrolytes, or any
other brand,  on a daily basis "because"  I believe he suffers (just
like us),  from losing/sweating precious body fluids everyday due to the
continuous record high heat and humidity we are experiencing here in
Texas.

Help anyone?
Ruth Abair and Classy "sweltering" in Texas