Re: PRE-RIDE CARE

>My crew has threatened to boycott our event (not a good sign) if I
>make her get up to feed my horse at 2 in the morning.  I explained
>patiently to the crew that the AERC book sez specifically that THE
>CREW, NOT THE RIDER, is responsible

We had 3 riders & no crew in one trailer.  The way we handled it was:
Set the alarm for the proper feeding time (I feed 2 hrs. before I get up,
3 hrs. before the start time ideally).  Next, fix the feed and set it in
a convenient place...(this avoids the chance of 2 people feeding)

Now, If feeding time is 3:00 AM, the rule is, anyone who wakes up to go
to the bathroom reasonably near this time goes ahead and feeds, then
resets the alarm for the standard wake-up time.  Unfortunately, this was
ALWAYS me.  The trick to getting out of feeding is to go to bed thirsty,
and talk your crew into just one more drink before bed.

Angie McGhee & Kaboot (But it's just 12:45!)

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]