Re: NATRC

--- Teddy wrote:
That's not true for NATRC rides.  Many a rider has to WALK his horse the last
five miles, even when they take it slow at the beginning.
--- end of quote ---
Or for ECTRA rides either.  Many a time we've not only walked the last 4-5
miles but we've grazed the roadbanks as we've come in.  And we certainly don't
race at the beginning.  I think alot depends on how much ground your horse
covers with each stride.  I've got a Morgan gelding that can outwalk my Arab
mare any day of the week even though they're both the same size (15h).

Carol Bushway-Boardman in Vermont
carol.boardman@dartmouth.edu