fly spray for open wound

Julia,
I have found an ointment in a jar, made by Farnam, called SWAT. It is
designed as a fly repellant wound dressing. I use it on my horses' ears
while riding as well, and put it on the ears of my German Shepherd dogs
to keep biting flies away. I have found it to be a good product for fly
repellant wound care. There may be others on the market, but this works
for me.
Lucie and Tamar Starofdavid