Re: Match made in heaven

Teddy Lancaster wrote:

> He may be superior, but does he produce better (or even as good) as
> himself?  To best breed a mare, one MUST look at bloodlines and understand
> what happens when lines are not preserved.  You may get another Secretariat
> who races well, but will never put anyhting on the ground worth a damn.
> This is why so many people do preservation breeding.  Without good solid
> foundations, we have no future.
>
> Prime example: the majority of PEOPLE in the USA.
>
> Teddy

Teddy

I agree with you 100%.  It is the his get that really makes Karahty so
impressive.  I have been endurance riding for over 30 years and the
thing that has changed most is the quality of the horses you see on
rides.  There are sooooo many fantastic horses out there now.  In my
judgment, Karahty and his get are at the very top of the quality curve
of all these horses.  Two riders who won the Tevis on mares, Lori
Stewart and Erin McChesney have choses Karahty to breed to their cup
winning mares.  Several other Tevis cup winners including Boyd Zontelli,
and Marge Pryor have also bred to Karahty.    The record of his 11 year
old son AAA Amedeus is quite impressive with numerous wins and BC's.
Matthew McKay-Smith said that he felt Karahty was the premier endurance
breeding stallion in the United States.  Evidently they are seeing the
same thing is his get as I am.  At least I feel that I am in good
company. :)

Phil Gardner