Re: Tevis Michigan Vet Stop

Yes it is true that the one hour vet check will be in Foresthill this year.
There will still be a vet check in Michigan Bluff, however no crews will be
allowed in town.  There  is great concern of fire danger and the ensuing
problems with traffic control.  The check will be handled as all the other
checks where crews are not allowed.  Hay and water for horses will be
provided by ride management as well as food and drinks for riders.  The
wonderful hamburgers that have always been in Michigan Bluff will be
available at the Foresthill stop.

I am a resident of Michigan Bluff and have heard pro and con from town
residents concerning the ride.  They seam to be divided as to the ride day
problems, some very pro some very con and many in the middle of the road.
What I hope riders will understand is that the makeup of this little
community has changed drastically over the last few years.  There are many
new families.  No one seems to mind the horses but the traffic on ride day
has become a nightmare for many of them.  Fire is always a real danger  and
I hope you old timers can understand why the change was made.

I am also  a member of the Board of Governors of the Western States Trail
Foundation.  When this matter was brought up at the last board meeting it
was passed  with the understanding that our main concern is the health and
welfare of the horses in the ride.  If we deem it necessary in the future we
may return the one hour stop to Michigan Bluff.

I hope all of you entered in the Tevis this year have a great ride,  see you
at the Gold Country Fair Grounds in Auburn,

Corky Young