SADDLE SURVEY - ME TOO!

Nina Vasiliev is looking for saddle survey information.  Susie & Tez
want info also - we are trying to make a decision for next year's rides.

Also:  Can any of you experts give me a quick clinic on saddle
fitting.  Right now, Tez & I use two saddles.  One is my father's
hand-crafted heavy (weighs more than me) Western saddle.  It's a huge
saddle w/ solid wood tree and Tez has never complained that it hurt
his back.  This saddle is 30 years old and my wonderful cowboy Dad who
is now nearly 80 MADE IT IN HIS WORKSHOP when I was about 10 years
old.  Guess that makes me about 40?

Other saddle is Passier & Sohn, made in Germany, hunt seat saddle,
also an old saddle - maybe 20 years old.  Tez seems to like it just
fine for training and we will use the Passier to compete his first 25
mile ride next month.

Suggestions on how you know whether or not the saddle fits your
horse's body (instead of the rider's butt) would be most, most welcome.

Best regards, y'all.
Susie & Tez
Sewickley PA