Re: Electrolytes

salt bocks are a waste of time and money and hard on the horses tounge..
dont use them   they cant get enough from one -- use loose salt in side
or out on the ground.. i assume you are very dry like no rain..

I personally see no reason not to offer the electrolyes free
choice..however i would not use the high price product used durning a
ride.. get the cheap slow uptake stuff from the feed store or mail
order..

when they dont need it     they wont eat it..

I like ABC REDMOND salt..
it is cheaper then electolytes.. we are going though about 10 pnds per
month for 7 head..
but our gang get supplemented after a workout.. at least now with all
the heat  etc,

so  dump the block.. bust it up with a hammer and let them have what
ever they want..offer electrolytes free choice both loose and in
seperate water buckets..
they have already told you what they want and what works.
Roger R