dirty saddle pads

O.K. ridecampers, I can't take it anymore.  I have to jump in here and
put my .02 cents worth in.  I have been reading all the posts about
cleaning dirty saddle pads and the concern for the soapy residue left
that would irritate the horse's back.  I have not shared this on
ridecamp as of yet because it is not endurance related until now.  Since
the subject of cleaning has come up I feel the need to share this info
with all of you.  I have recently become involved with a company called
Espial( maybe some of you have heard of it ).  They have cleaning
products that are toxic free and other products for personal care and
many more.  The detergent would be safe to use on your saddle blankets.
The reason I say this is because it is formulated entirely different
from anything on the market.  The reason detergents like Tide or any of
the powdered detergents are so irritating and abrasive is because animal
fat and sand are the main ingredients.  The sand is used to aggitate.
That is what you are washing your clothes and or saddle blankets with.
If you don't believe me, take a quart jar, fill it half full with water,
and put the recommended amount of soap in( 1 - 1&1/2 cups ) and let it
set for a day or two.  You will see a layer of fat at the top and the
sand goes to the  bottom.  You will have to shake it well first.  All of
Espials products are toxic free and earth sensitive which means they are
not biodegradable because there is no breakdown time.  They can go
directly into the earth because they are TOXIC FREE.  These products are
safe for our children and the fish so I certainly think that the laundry
liquid would not irritate a horses back.  I am truly committed and
believe in these products.  I could not or would not advocate anything
that I did not believe in.  Oh btw they clean better than anything I
have ever used and everything has a clean smell.  There are no
artificial perfumes either.  If anyone is interested e-mail me privately
tm23012@navix.net or call 402-259-3385.

P.S.  These products are shipped directly to you from the company, so
you don't have to worry about pick up or delivery.