Re: Dirty Saddle Blankets

    I've found the simplest way to wash my saddle pads is to throw them in the washing machine and use horse shampoo. Since it's made specifically for horses, I don't worry about any possible  soap residue irritating their backs. I use a pH balanced, natural ingredients shampoo and also double rinse with about a cup of white vinegar in the final cycle. I wash all my horse clothes this way, including my Toklat woolback pads (cold water for those). Everything gets air dried, then all the "fuzzy" pads get a brush out with a small wire dog brush....they end up  looking great!