Re: ridecamp-d Digest V98 #555

<<
 Subject: In case of emergency

  Having just gone through two evacuations due to the fires here in
 Florida, I thought I'd offer some suggestions for emergency planning.
 We had a couple of hours to prepare for the first evacuation and less
 than 15 minutes to accomplish the second.

I heard once of some people, who during a wild fire emergency, wrote their
phone numbers on the sides of their horses with a paint stick (the kind like
we use for numbers at rides).  It was a situation where the only chance to get
all of their stock to possible safety was to mark them fast and open the
gates. (too many to pop in the trailer)  I heard they got everyone back just
fine because they did have the phone number on them.

Anne & the horses in Montana
Dyskrete, Stuffy, Hadia & Tifla