Gaited Horses & TIMBERON

Subject: Re:Walking Horses

On Sun, 12 Jul 1998 20:37:23 -0400 Truman Prevatt
<truman.prevatt@netsrq.com> writes:
>Gee Susan, 13 years old is a spring chicken in this sport.  There is
>noting wrong with riding a TWH - you will fell a lot better after 50
>miles than most other people.

<Hey Truman & Susan,
<Did you notice that Thomas Isaacs did all 5 days of Timberon on Chief?
<That's the biggest darned buckskin Walking Horse you'll ever see.  I
<thought he was a monstor QH.

>Angie

Chief not only went all 5 days, but looked like he could have done a few
more days after the ride ended on Friday.  We had several gaited horses
at the ride...Beth (Rogers?) and Andy Brinkley rode Monday thru Wednesday
..Beth on a Saddlebred and Andy on a TWH, and Suzanne Monsivais (a
junior) went 4 1/2 days on her Andalusian mare, and Ray and Scott Sanson
went all five days on their Colorado Rangerbreds that I understand are
gaited...Jim Barnett went all five days on his 1/2 Trakener (sic), and,
although not gaited, John Parke rode Remington the Icelandic Pony all
five days and Kris Olko rode her Thorobred all five days.  We had a true
mix of horses this year, and they were all good.

Randy

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]