Re: Trucks

With diesel engines routine maintance is essential.  The ford power Stroke
holds 14 quarts of oil and the Dodge holds 12 quarts.  The changing interval is
between 3000 and 4000 miles for both oil and filter.  I buy my oil (fleet grade
diesel (15W-40) and my oil filter from an auto supply place and have a local
auto repair shop do a routine service.  They only charge $11.00 to change the
oil and filter since I supply my own oil and filter.  The total cost for the
oil change is less than $50.00.

The fuel filter for the power stroke is about $25. and is changed about every
six months or 15,000 miles - whichever comes first.  This I change myself.  It
is easy.  The other filter that needs attention on diesel is the air filter.
It needs to be inspeced regular, blown out when necessary and change when
dirty.  I put in a K&N high flow air filter and have really noticed the
difference.  This filter is a reusable filter which you clean and replace.  It
cost about twice as much as the throw away paper filters but is worth it.

BTW for the guy paying $500 for an oil change, bring your truck to me and I'll
do it for $300 <G>.

--
Truman Prevatt
Brooksville, FL