Re: Gelding young

In a message dated 98-07-06 13:00:44 EDT, lcrowley@cabletron.com writes:

<< One caution though...My vet recommends that the young ones be stitched up
 because they spend so much time sleeping (ie laying down in whatever) and
 it reduces the chances of infection. >>

I geld a lot of them young, have never stitched any, and still see far less
swelling, etc., in the young ones.  I still prefer to leave them open to
drain.

Heidi Smith, DVM