Florida Equine Evacuations

From: Linda in Deleon Springs, Florida
Email: RudeCo@worldnet.att.net

Just a post to update those of you about our Central Florida Fires and horses. We finally had to evacuate. We were lucky. Got plenty of notice. Moved 8 horses in the neighborhood to Spring Garden Ranch, Training Facility. In the 3 hours it took for us to complete the moves, 100 horses had come in to the facility. Over 300 horses were there at 8:00 a.m. July 4th !  Our thanks to Tony Basile, owner, who opened the entire facility to anyone. Tony even took his horse hauler into evac areas and offered to haul out! The fire nearest us was expected to jump the highway smack into our back pasture. Thank God the winds changed. We're at home but our horses are away until the all clear is sounded.  Of my 4, only my 25 yr. old TW is stressed. He's constantly herding his pal of 20 years around the paddock. Good news is they're on great pasture, drinking, & nibbling at their feedings all day long.
Usually they wolf their food but it's a bit then take a walk!!! Have had to leave the daily mails cuz there's no time for it but thanks to all your encouragements.

Linda & her merry band of geldings.