gelding

Hi all,
Well I normally only geld my colts when they are two years old,I like to
see how they grow out,they all run together till I geld them.Temprement
wise I have never had a problem they all have lovely natures even my
stallions do.My children ride my stallions as well,and them only(the kids)
are only 6 and 7 years old.
I am very selective of which colts I keep as stallions,the colts have to be
better than their sires to be kept on as stallions.Alot of people ask me
why some of my geldings I did not keep on as stallions.
Luckily for me I have huge paddocks and loads of space,I only stable my
endurance horses and only if its cold.My stallions always have mares as
companions or a gelding,have not had any problems yet.
I believe on them being as natural as possible as they would be in the
wild.
Anyway just my two cents worth.
Am heading off for twelve days now to the Game parks with one of my
stallions and geldings,cant wait ,its going to be wonderfull and cold as
its winter here.
Any way have fun will post again when I get back.
Regards
kathy
http://196.7.177.40/aht/