gelding young

Hi there,
I'm hoping some of the vets out there can provide me with pros and cons of
gelding a colt at a young age (1 1/2 months).  This little colt is already
exhibiting studly type behaviors and I know from his pedigree that he will
be a dominant handful.  My vet feels that there will be nothing wrong with
doing them that young and I am inclined to feel this way also (but then
what do I know.)  Although his father (now a gelding himself) is a Bey Shah
grandson, his mother is a grade mare so I know I do not want to  sell him
as a stallion.  Any input would be appreciated (unless it is to flame me).

Thanks,
Carol
Silverado Shah (you wanna do what with my manhood?!!!)