Re: Trailer Safety Chains

> If my opinon, if your trailer is a goose neck
> your odds for survival go down. If your trailer is a bumber pull your odds
> for survival are better than average.

I just read this message (BTW thanks for writing, I do so enjoy hearing
from different folks on this forum) and am SHOCKED by the statement quoted
above.  I have a small 2H BP but have been dreaming of when I can afford a
gooseneck, not just for the sleeping room <g> but because I thought it was
much safer than a bumper pull.  Is it perhaps safer in a major crash,
because of the likelihood of separation, but more likely to have a smaller
accident for that same reason?  Which is safer for the horses?  What do
the rest of you think?  Any authoritative sources out there you can point
me to?

Glenda & Lakota
Mobile, AL
AERC # M18819 & H27310