saddle & shoulders (long)

This last weekend, Molly and I did a 50 mile competitive ride here in
Michigan (Yes, the one of the famous sponging thread).  It started out in
cold rain, continued in cold stormy rain, and finished in extremely hot,
humid conditions.

I removed the saddle at every stop and inspected Molly's back as I am/was
currently using a garage sale special due my seeming ineptness at getting
a new perfect saddle.  Her back always looked fine and responded fine to
touch.  Her trot outs were great.  Her heart rate reached a high of 44bpm
 with a respiration of 8 which occured at a surprise vet check at the 35
mile mark.  She cleared the last  trail vet check well - again, I had the
saddle off and inspected her back (an obsession over this last year of
saddle saga).

On the way back, up and down some long sand hills, she did some minor
stumbling.  I made her walk - a tough thing to do with little miss "I
must trot."  The weather was very humid and hot by then.

Back in camp, when the saddle came off, she had these little round puffy
spots on both shoulders!  About 4 or 5 on each shoulder.  It's only my
third year, but I have never seen such things.  I am concerned that this
saddle must be a little too wide in the whithers, others felt the wet
saddle pad and humid conditions caused it.  (And a sudden 52 heart rate!)

Have any of you dealt with this?  The obvious bumps were gone by morning.
 I can feel only a tiny amount as of today (Tuesday) if I search for
them.  Regardless, this saddle is histroy - you only get one shot at
hurting Molly.  It looks like next weeks Region 13 two day 70 is out
unless I get a miracle saddle - am trying Char Richards Boz tomorrow.
Even with a miracle saddle, I will want my vet to clear her shoulders.

Saddles to date:	Aussie Stock Saddle - great until the tree broke
last year
		Aussie Stock Replacement saddle - too small for
me-working
			getting it replaced appropriately
		21st Century Aussie Enduro built to Molly's specks by
Trevor
			James - wasn't ever going to fit her.
		Ortoflex Patriot - bars too long bruised hip, shimmed
saddle,
			bruised small of back - Darryl is enjoying this
saddle
			which fit Amelia perfectly.
		Paragon Comfort Master - might have had potential, but it
left
			funny - really funny - sweat patterns.  Took it
back, it
			was stuffed poorly, they offered to restuff this
saddle
			another $100 - no thanks.
		Garage sale special Aussie - history!!!
		Cindy Worhington's Sports Saddle - Seems perfect - but
she only
			baits me by letting me borrow it!  Besides, I
worry
			potential heat build up especially at my weight.

Help please!

Beth and Miss Molly B  (Can they e-mail a carrot at the same time they
tell you about my puffy spots, Mom?)

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]