Carbo-loading Canadian style

A group of us will be representing the Saskatchewan Long Riders at the Great Northern Connection in
Manitoba. We'll be there Wednesday night, as I'm participating in the FEI clinic for vets. Look for an old
brown Ford F150 crew cab with a long box and camper (I call her the "Prairie Schooner - cuz she's a big
boat) with white two horse trailer. Stop by and join us for carbohydrate loading the Canadian way - a beer!
(And the Canadians love to forget to mention to Umerikuns that the beer is way stronger up here!) I'm easily
recognizable - as the only person NOT smoking a cigar...

Bring lots of bug stuff, the biting flies and gnats have been horrid this year. We find Wipe to work best and
last the longest on our horses.

And don't forget, if you really want to know how your horse is performing during the ride, Gayle Ecker and
Company, from the Equine Research Centre, will be doing in-race monitoring. So get the best information for
YOUR horse in action.

Cheers,
Trisha

Trisha Dowling, DVM, MS, Diplomate ACVIM & ACVCP
Associate Professor, Veterinary Clinical Pharmacology
Western College of Veterinary Medicine
Saskatoon, SK S7N 5B4
306-966-7359/FAX 306-966-7376