That virus

Ugh.  One of the event horses at the ranch where Magnum and
Blue live came down with that nasty virus.  Temp of 106.
If anyone out there has info about things I can do to
give them the best possible chance to not catch it please
let me know.  The horse is in a seperate pasture area away
on the other side of the ranch so my two are not exposed to
any contaminated food / water, but this is much to close for
comfort.  They are located in Moss Beach, Ca... about 10
minutes north of Half Moon Bay.  I also just heard the virus
has been in our area all winter.

Yuck.  Thanks in advance for your help.

:) - kat myers
in San Mateo, Ca. with Magnum the TB ex-racer "Little Matador"
and Mr Maajistic  "Blue"